February 27, 2020
Regarding concerns about the global coronavirus outbreak, presently BitSummit The 8th Bit will continue to be held as planned on May 9th and 10th, 2020.
The BitSummit Organizing Committee is currently following all the latest news and collecting the most accurate information as provided by the Japanese Government and relevant organization. Based on the information currently available, we are confident that we can hold a safe event by following the health security measures listed below.
Unfortunately, there are a number of circumstances that we cannot control. For example, if the virus spreads violently and the Japanese government asks for all events to be postponed, or if there is an unexpected ban on international travel. As much as we would like to hold the event, we are obligated to let you know that it might still change based on the situation.
With that being said, we are doing everything in our power to continue with BitSummit 2020. It’s our aim to hold as safe an event as possible. We will be posting announcements concerning this matter on our website and social media so please check for updates there.
Thank you for your understanding.
New sanitary measures in consideration for BitSummit The 8th Bit
Measures for the operational team
- Installation of increased sanitary measures for the venue in collaboration with Miyako Messe
- Mandatory use of surgical masks for all staff and volunteers
- Recommend the use of surgical masks for exhibitors
- Providing hand wipes for all exhibitor booths
- Visual check of all our staff, volunteers and exhibitors on set-up day and both show days at the entrance
- Regular disinfection of all commonly touched areas, such as doorknobs, controllers, VR headsets, escalator handrails, elevator buttons, vending machines, bathroom area, etc
- Requesting thorough cooperation from all our exhibitors and guidelines regarding the implementation of safety measures
Requests for our visitors
- If you suspect an infection, we recommend that you consult with a health professional before attending the event.
- If you have symptoms such as fever on the day, please refrain from coming to the event.
- There is a possibility that we will be scanning the temperature of all incoming visitors on both days of the show.
- To prevent infection, please wear a surgical mask when visiting.
- If you feel ill during your participation, please let the management staff know.
- After eating in the food area or after going to the bathroom, after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing, wash your hands with soap and water for 30 seconds.
- If your hands are dirty, be sure to wash your hands with soap and water, and do not touch your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.